Boutique

Monday, November 18, 2013

**some fun stuff**

1. I am not knitting very much on my Pomegranate these days but so far I am hovering around the armpits.  To be honest, I am not in the mood for all the smart bits involved with arm holes since I only knit in the evening when I have a days worth already taken out of me.  So this baby is having a wee nap.  I have knit up a pair of socks and am on a second pair which is my favorite no brainer knitting thing to do.

2. Holly Hobbie!!!  I love all things Holly Hobbie since I can remember and I found this embroidered picture at our local flea market this summer.  This will hang in my sewing room.

3.  Another flea market find.  A painted box of drawers with strawberries.  This reminded me of the Strawberry Theft motif I love from Morris.  I use this in my bathroom to put Qtips, makeup pads, and jewellery.  
4.  Some great new bowls...all nine for 5$...the yellow one looks great with cranberry sauce in it.

5.  A beautiful wool blanket for 20$  The label means it's locally made.  Imagine that!

6.  Late this summer, I helped my husband put a coat of stain on this log structure that will be staying with us over the winter for a Spring 2014 delivery.  After spending a weekend putting the stain on the bottom rows, I decided it was time to paint the walls in our house too.  Therefore, I have been painting every spare moment I have which means not much knitting to share!


7.  Meet Stu.  We now have a bunny.  He is awfully cute and soft!
8.  Meet moth.  This guy was sitting beside me on the deck the last evening I sat out with my knitting.  He was huge!  
9.  Pete trying on his new sweater.  I started it last winter because he outgrew his tweed coat.  It has taken me so long to commit to finishing this one that it is very tight on him as well. Mr. man has gained weight along with me this summer we spent on our butts typing because of my new job.

The weather here is cooling down for winter.  I love it!  The knitting shop is all a buzz for another season.  I am now having to spend Saturdays at the shop to help Ivy serve customers.

I have been working on some sewing projects too!  More about that soon. 
- Ali xx

2 comments:

Donna said...

Luv the vintage wool blanket and Pete is so cute!

Hilary said...

Fun stuff indeed! I love your vintage finds (the blanket, oh my goodness!)...and the log structure is amazing!