Boutique

Friday, April 19, 2013

lo and behold, she knits again

I finished it! This has been running up and down the circumlocution office stairs for months. My shot of those nifty decreases was too blurry to post.  Anywho, the knitting is back to comfort me in times of sadness, some stress and muddy dog feet.  I will survive!

I used a free pattern called Katahdin by Kate Gagnon Osborn. I used 3.5 mm needles to outwit the ribbing from stretching loose.  Only time will tell.  I hope to tackle a cute pair of mitts to match this hat but that is on hold for now since snow is gone.  I am hoping to cast-on a cool summer knit for myself as well as a celebratory pair of socks just because I made it through winter and tax season in one piece.  Well, sort of one piece; I did kind of loose parts along the way but I hope to find such a one waiting for me around some summery bend...

I am walking a new path with Pete the pup these days.  Not nearly as fun and beautiful as the trail along the bay but I dream of buying a really fetching basket for my bike.  Fill it with water, snacks and a map.  Ride my ass off.  See if my new kilometer counter works.  I must get a tire repair kit too.  Hope I never have to use it...  




1 comment:

Hilary said...

"Circumlocution office stairs"...you are awesome!! That made me laugh out loud. And the hat is fantastic...wonderful choice of colors!