1. yes, yes, i'm getting there. i am at the crochet edge around the neck in fact. i thought i would slip it on for the first time and give it a try. what do you think?
i still need to make those leaves... tack them on and give it a new wash and block. the only thing i regret is the few yards of yarn i used to start knitting with. i ripped it back so many times and dragged it over this continent and the next so it does look a little tired. boo hiss. the fresh crochet edge looks so bright next to the cast on edge... you live and you learn.
2. i have been hard at work giving my humble chez nous a fresh new look. this shelf in the kitchen was my little reno project this past weekend. i had to take it down to paint the window sill and wall so i borrowed len's sander and worked off a few years of scuffs and water marks. a few coats of polyurethane later and it looks gorgeous. better than new actually. i can't stop petting it.
3. this is my favorite comfort food. potato and salmon soup. onions from the garden too. i got it just right tonight...thick and piping hot.
4. we spent the night at a friends farm this past weekend. she has a whole new herd of sheep this visit! they were about to be sheared. poor things must have been so hot this summer. i know i have been so uncomfortable this summer. the heat has finally giving it a rest and now i have to paint the whole house in two weeks because i go back to work in september. crap.
5. len built this log home. must be a nice feeling for him to walk up and be welcomed inside. we had a great time. met a nice family in the neighbourhood that wanted to adopt our chickens. we packed them up and moved them to their new coop. they were very impressed with the big space and fresh hay. school starts on the 30th...no time for chicken coop cleaning. we expect a lot more homework this year.