Boutique

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Fly Me to St Rémy


All I can say is, thank God for alcohol in airports… After the first security check point, I must say I was a little rattled. As it turns out, having newly manicured lengthened nails for my vacation looks good but is a pain in the arse when you are desperately trying to maneouver a heavy bag and open zips in front of an unsympathetic security officer. Gulp! Truth be told, Ottawa airport security is wicked. I half wished I had left my laptop at home at that very moment…but now that I am here, it is so much fun blogging about my trip! That first plane we boarded was small. It felt like a school bus to me and was noisy to boot. Scared the crap outta me! My sister had to hold my hand during take-off because I really freaked out. I don’t like going fast on snowmobiles or motor boats so you can imagine the terror of those first 5 minutes I thought surely we might crash. That called for two more drinks in the next airport...

getting ready for us!

view from my seat in Bruxelle Air after take-off

dog tired drive to St Rémy from airport in a Picasso car
I love the trees and flowers here. Everywhere I look there is a breath taking bloom or a gorgeous knobby Tilleul and a pointy Cypress. We rented a car at the airport and drove to the house, um, the longish scenic way… ahem! Let me tell ya, every road here apparently leads to Cavaillon.

Another thing I discovered, I do not like toll highways. We are so lucky back home! I think I will kiss the 50 when I get back.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Hurray! You made it! I look forward to reading all about your adventures.