Boutique

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Go Big or stay home


photo taken from Sex in the City Fan page on Facebook
This scene from the Sex in the City episode when Carrie goes to France is my favorite. I loved all her pretty dresses in these episodes.

Big showing up because he LOVES her was epic...


All this to say, I too am taking myself to FRANCE! I leave on May 3rd. Hopefully my Linen cardi will be finished (it is taking forever).

I have never been on a plane.

So, the fact that I have to take 5 of them to go there and come back is a little overwhelming. I have studied the Air Canada and TSA website for months and I still have questions. Yikes.

On one of the Air Canada lists of special accepted carry-on items I read ''container carrying life sustaining items''....I guess that would be my knitting bag? What should I bring to knit?

I cannot believe how much preparation it takes to organize the life I am leaving behind for 3 weeks.

Ivy is taking over the shop. I have been training her for weeks. I got all the year end bookkeeping done for Len's business and mine plus income tax papers...Ugh!

Shopping for European plug adapters...???

Needed to buy luggage ...$$$

This is so exCiting!


4 comments:

Hilary said...

Aaaaah, SO EXCITING!! I hope you have a big poofy dress to wear like Carrie in that last episode, too. :) Knitting should be absolutely fine to take on the plane -- if you want to be safe, maybe take wooden needles instead of metal ones, but they're really no different than pens!

I can't wait to hear more about your trip. And, again, I'm so excited for you!

Rachelle said...

Wow, very exciting! I would have wished you a great trip and plane travels if I had known when I was in the shop today! (I bought some 3mm dpns and misty sock yarn). Good luck finishing your linen cardi.

lookinout said...

What a great opportunity! I could be quite jealous. Carry as little as you can and leave valuable jewellery at home. Every country has different plugs...quite a nuisance. Hope your camera is small. And be careful about cell phone charges; they creep up on you.
Have a super time.

nicole said...

Wow, that is wonderful! I hope you have a lovely trip!