Boutique

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Square Bean

I have designed a quick winter hat for a special request Christmas gift from Ivy for her knits loving boyfriend.
She wanted the likeness of 'ears' and the hat needed to be a big one.

I happen to suffer from a disappointing case of loose ribbing on hats syndrome so I tried smaller needles this time. Grafting the tube shut and flat gave it a subtle cat lurking under my hat appearance but nothing more, it's for a Dude.

I mowed down a whole 200 meter ball of wool and ended up with a Pope hat so I pulled it over my forehead and gave it a rip until I found the spot where the top would look better and applied a kitchener stitch close. It is inside out in this photo...wha!

After the corners got a good pat: 'voilà'! it looks like ears if you keep an open mind.

It fit Len and he thought it was great but maybe too scratchy...it passed the ears test.

4 comments:

Jean said...

Sooo dignified! Giggle

Clamille said...

Bien réussit Aline! Il est superbe!
Clamille xoxo

Aline said...

Merci! xx

Clamille said...

Joyeux Noël!!!
Clamille xoxo