Boutique

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tweed Dog Coat

''I have to pee!!''


''man, it's hot in here with this on!''
 A favorite vintage pattern of mine from the good old Beehive days. I bought this booklet at W.A. Hodgins in Shawville when I started knitting full-time close to 20 years ago...Many times I admired this little coat and thought it was too difficult for my skill level. At the time, I owned a Miniature Pinscher. He was rather tiny in stature compared to our newest Pup. A Pug/Pinscher mix. In fact, it was very easy to knit.

I used 3.5 mm needles and worsted weight Diamond Galway 100% wool in three colours. Left over stuff from other knits.

One modification I like is a small opening for latching the leash at the neck front. I also omitted the zipper.
I did not bother blocking this knit for photos and the end flipped up for a while but settled down after one use.
I was excited to try it on him! In the photos, I had just arrived home and he was in a hurry to run outside and do his business but obliged to my request for photos...his ears display his eagerness to comply!

The snugness is actually a good thing. The coat stays in place even when we play fetch.

5 comments:

nicole said...

Cuuute!

Hilary said...

Aaaaaah, so cute!!! And he looks so proud and dignified in it!

Aline said...

merci! he is very happy.

Jean said...

What a darling pup, so patient and loving, can't help but love the little guy!
Sweater turned out great too.

Fabienne said...

Vraiment très mignon !