Boutique

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Peace Out

Shalom-y Long Sleeved Cardigan based on Shalom by Meghan McFarlane
Knit from the top down.
No seams, no fake seams either.
Natural DK superwash merino*
4mm circular needles.
3.25 mm DPNs for cuffs.
Single shell button closure and embroidered reinforced button hole.

My version of the Shalom is done. Happy Dance....

I recalculated the whole shebang and gave it a little Aline flare.

Four panels of the Oh so pretty textured rib stitch. Even HD noticed the yoke, that's sayin' something!

I've been in such a mood for texture lately and this pretty yoke crossed all the T's and dotted all the I's. The math I had to do to get what I wanted was quite an adventure but I made it.

I fell in love with a few sleeved versions of Shalom on Ravelry and thought they looked marvelous in a light weight yarn. I gave my sleeves a very fitted silhouette made by multiple double decreases at the center underarm point. I love the texture of such a decrease. I chose a single shell button closure. If you are tempted, I left as many notes as I could about mine on Ravelry. Find me as bergere9.
 *After a bath, much to my dismay, the whole thing grew a little but became softer. The sleeves in particular are hanging a wee bit too long, thanks for nothing SuperWash.

Oh well, it is so cute that my son made a point of asking me if it was a boy sweater and could he have it? Funny how my girls couldn't care less about my knitting but my son watches every stitch are where they go. I gave him a big hug and kiss and promised his sweater will be next. :)

6 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh its just so lovely and perfect for this cool spring we are having! Beautiful job!

Brendaknits said...

Lovely. That's a bit of re-working form Chunky to DK. Good for you.

What is the yarn?

Clamille said...

Il est superbe!!!! Tout simplement superbe!!!
Clamille xoxo

nicole said...

It looks lovely, Aline!

Fabienne said...

Ce shalom te va très très bien et moi qui le trouvait "petit" en vrai ... Cela ne fut pas facile au début mais le résultat final est très réussi. Bravo Aline !

Tracey said...

You do such beautiful and elegant pieces!!! xox Tracey