Boutique

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Shalom yoke and still not over the Hockey project

This is rather new for me to tackle 'uncharted waters' in knittingdom. I have taken a notion to knit patterns that were both written as notes for bigger gauged yarn. Not once but twice! Insert Gulp here...So not my cup of tea but the yarn was the boss of me.

I am still sulking about my Hockey Jersey. It sits in the family room waiting to be re-knit, hopefully to the proper size. Taking a little break is nice. I have been obsessing over Yoga positions and Alys Fowler gardening episodes.

At the shop, I started a Shalom that I plan on making with sleeves. I finally finished the yoke for my version of it using DK weight merino. I have been knitting then ripping for weeks now. Mad calculations and loads of scribbles in my note book. I am trying to keep track of my progress so I may provide notes for fellow ravelry folks.
So far, I think it's good but not great. Mine has four panels. I intend to have sleeves too. The whole thing should be rather fitted if things sail along.

6 comments:

Hilary said...

That looks beautiful! You're doing a great job. And modding patterns just takes a little practice...next time the math will be easier, I swear. I'm really loving that your Shalom has four panels. I think the design is so neat that three almost wasn't enough. Can't wait to see more of this one!!

Clamille said...

J`ai hâte de voir ton "Shalom" quand il sera terminé!!! Je suis certaine qu`il sera superbe!!!
Clamille xoxo

Brenda said...

I made a Shalom and loved it until I shrunk it. What yarn are you using?

Jean said...

OHHH I was looking at this very pattern on Ravelry and wishing that it were in a DK weight! You can't really wearly bulky weight very often in Southern California. Will anxiously await your notes on this. Could you pop me a little email and let me know when you post your notes? Could not believe when I read your post, this is just too good to be true. My travel to work on the train is ruining my blogging life, 3:30 in the morning is a really hard time to get up at, but I troop on. Sometimes knitting on the ride up, and almost always knitting on the ride home, have met a few other knitters and crocheters from time to time. Take Care!

Fabienne said...

Moi, je ne serai pas capable de modifier un patron alors, ne lache pas, il va être magnifique ton shalom.

Iza said...

Tu es courageuse, et très bonne de modifier les patrons! J'ai bien hâte de voir le résultat de ta dernière création.