Boutique

Friday, January 21, 2011

Lonesome Dove

On Christmas holidays, I dipped into my home stash for this yarn and fished out its corresponding pattern (Anemone Rib) from my Blue Moon Fibers Sock Club circa 2 years ago.

I've been cranking away at it...

A very cool and new technique was learned. That of cabling without a cable needle. It is all fine and dandy but I could not find my beloved 2.5 mm knit picks Dpns that fateful evening. Where did I put those? They were sharp. Bamboo is just dull enough to make me pine for those sharp metal knit picks whilst trying to pick up dropped stitches for the famous trick that is cabling without a cable needle. So far, I managed this much sock leg and then it happened.

I've become disenchanted. I find the yarn colours are pooling due to my tension and all that hard work is sort of hidden by the beauty of this colourway. So I have parked said sock in my basket to mull it over a bit.

And if that wasn't bad enough...Mon amour has been consumed by work. Something about making extra gravy...le sigh. I really wish the world wasn't so hinged on money. It buys nice yarn but when it all boils down to it, it's the time we spend making more and more of it that really sucks life's happiness...And so when I get frustrated or pissed off, I usually sacrifice a house plant. I have none left to kill so this disenchanted sock thing is coming in quite handy after all. CHOP.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

YES, I totally agree with you!! (Not about the sock...I actually think the sock is lovely. :)) Sure having more money is nice, but what is the COST?? I've been thinking about this a LOT lately as we get closer to having the baby and I think about having to go back to work. I don't think any dollar amount will make up for missing any of his firsts or not being there when he needs me. Ugh...modern living has its ups and downs. :( I hope your husband's work schedule slows down soon!! Hang in there!!