Boutique

Thursday, November 18, 2010

We meet again...

I've been swatching a fair isle pattern for the next class I am giving on the subject and discovered that 90 sts of chunky yarn makes a perfect ski hat! I am using some really constrasting colours (forest green and gold) that was not meant to be pretty so I am a little sad about that but at least the coyotes will see me coming on ski trails and clear the way...hopefully.

Or, I could give this hat to my sister for Dog walking with Poonie during hunting season... It makes me nervous that they walk around in deer infested woods. Eek!

I haven't knit fair isle in a long while and it feels good to be at it again. This chunky wool is soft and fast to work with too. I should whip up a few Xmas parcels in no time in this direction.


3 comments:

Hilary said...

Great hat!! I love the bright colors -- I think they'll be fun to wear skiing!

Donna said...

oooh that is quite the color combo! If you are worried about me, knit me an orange hat. I am into orange at the moment and it would be noticed from afar. Although I was told not to worry no one hunts where Poonie and I walk, although we may get run over by deer!

Brenda said...

I knit orange toques a couple of years ago for my son and the grand kids. They all like to partridge hunt. But your is a very sophisticated 'hunting hat'.