Boutique

Friday, November 26, 2010

Loco for Coco

I am knitting myself a beautiful hat that I hope will look an awful lot like the one in the Coco and Igor movie. I tried to find a still of her walking up the steps to the villa...that's the hat I want. That's the hat I need. But this still is all I could find thanks to Google...I am not sure if it is the same hat or not...hmm close enough. I definitely love 1920's styles...





Anywho...I have been combing Ravelry for Cloche style hats and found this one that I am trying. Not-Just-For-Chemo Reversible Cloche by Mary Keenan. I really wish it had a more cheerful name... but for linking purposes I've faught the urge to rename it. It's such a cute pattern, it deserves a cute name. Bon. I picked out some Luxury Bouclé Merino for this. Turns out this yarn is nearly impossible to knit with. Yikes! There is no way I can keep track of any of it. It just looks and feels gorgeous so I am pinning back both ears and hope the size medium fits my head. How in the world would you even muster a swatch of this yarn? Luckily, I am not the knitting police...I just cast on and hope for the best.
BTW, I am using garter stitch because of the bouclé...it's all I can do to not run out of the shop screaming down the block...
It would be lush to have this prêt-à-porter for our annual weekend at the Château in a few weeks. My sister told me to sex-it-up-a-bit this year...! So I bought a twinkly cocktail dress and 4 inch heels...now all I need is some red lipstick. Bring on the Canard Confit du Lac Brôme.

2 comments:

Jean said...

4 inch heels - you are a braver woman than me! Sounds fab though. Post pictures of the hat and dress please, I would love to see them. Your evening sounds glamorous!

Hilary said...

Oh my goodness, that is going to look so fantastic on you! And I hope you post a photo of yourself in your hot new outfit!!