Boutique

Friday, November 5, 2010

Birds of a feather knit together

Finally something to blog about...

It seems that the stars are lining up quite nice and neat for me this week. Today, I have all my favorite customers popping in to the shop. I have grown quite attached to some of the lovely and talented people I have met since I became a yarn retailer. As if owning your own yarn store wasn't enough of a thrill! I never imagined the fun people I would get to know. Ting Ting!

Speaking of which, on her last visit, Nanette mentioned she put the finishing touches on her version of the glorious Pin Wheel Sweater that was all the rage around here last fall... She used up her leftover mohair from the stash and needed one more colour to finish which she found here on my shelf. I mentioned to her like I do most clients that I LOVE to see the FOs...

So this morning she arrived wearing her Pin wheel and as luck would have it, I was wearing mine too! Two more ladies came through the door just in time to snap this photo of the pair of us shopping for more wool. And yes, I am as little as a wisp...Nanette is not a giant. Which prooves my point about the vurtues of the pin wheel sweater. It is one pattern that flatters all!
Nanette has agreed to offer her expertise the first Saturday morning of each month (starting in December) for Knitting Help for those people that need help with a current project. Please call the shop for details. I have to delegate such tasks nowadays. My calendar is filling up!


In other news, I have been rattling on with the Aestlight shawl from Shetland Traders. I am using and enjoying a hemp yarn for this. The colour is warm and the Hempathy is pleasant. I think I will stock more of this stuff for next Spring, oh yes. I imagine the fabric to be very cool for summer projects. I find global warming close to unbearable in these parts...so I need cool fabrics to knit and wear. In fact, I really love Fall and Winter thank you very much. Besides, its good for business.

Today is my beloved sister Donna's birthday!! A big bloggy hug to her. She's 26...cough! She is getting a knitted gift this year. I had to make it last summer to have it ready for today. We are going to a mexican restaurant to dig in gluten free and have a really long overdue margarita together. I hope to blog about that FO very soon.

Voilà où je suis rendue avec mon projet courant...le joli châle « Aestlight » .

La boutique bourdonne depuis septembre et mon calendrier déborde de cours en tricot et en crochet en soirée le mercredi. Alors, je commence un nouveau programme pour ceux et celles qui ont besoin de l'aide avec leurs projets. Nanette (voir la photo ci-dessus) sera disponible ici même le premier samedi matin du mois (débutant en décembre) pour répondre au besoin. Appellez la boutique pour vous renseignez de ce service.

La première photo ci-dessus est de Nanette qui venait me montré sa version de la veste « Pin Wheel » qu'elle a confectionné avec du mohair. Et alors, on a bien rigolé lorsque je portais moi aussi ma veste Pin Wheel aujourd'hui! J'adore ce patron qui est si versatile...et oui, je ne suis pas très grande du tout !

Bon tricot! xx

6 comments:

nicole said...

Yay, it looks like you figured out the aestlight. Good for you.

Have fun with your sister!

Lucette said...

A big happy birthday to Donna. I hope that you two had a great celebration. Are you going to the EX and Sale this weekend?

Hilary said...

I love your Pinwheels, and love your Aestlight! And I'm so happy to hear that you're continuing to have fun as your shop prospers and grows. It sounds like THE place to be!!

Clamille said...

Il me semble qu`il y a du nouveau derrière vous 2.....hihihi, sûrement des nouveautées d`Automne!
À bientôt!
Cé xoxo

Anonymous said...

j'adore ton blog....et....la boutique.
lt
:0)

Brenda said...

Such a fun picture - especially when the backdrop is so much yarn