Boutique

Friday, June 4, 2010

Crochet Soirée Clutch

I just finished designing this crochet evening bag made for my cousin Kassy's wedding. I used only one ball of Katia Bolero (silver) and a 2.5 mm hook. It is lined with silver organza fabric with a matching zipper closing. I loosely based the design on an old Coats pattern I have at home. I love the shell stitch with the delicate picot inside each one. I had intended to place a bead for every picot but being too last minute, I couldn't find beads with a big enough opening to fit onto the Bolero thread at my local fabric store. The next bag will have beads for sure!

The shower is tomorrow afternoon so I got this done just in time! I hope she likes it. I thought it would be a handy little something to wear at the reception. I have no idea if this even matches her dress...eek! Crossing my fingers but it is made with love...XX




4 comments:

Hilary said...

So pretty! I'm sure she will love it. And I bet it will be perfect for the reception! I SO wish I had had something like that when I got married!

Iza said...

Très joli ce petit sac! Je suis certaine qu'elle va l'adopter!

Clamille said...

Elle l`aimera bien! Il est vraiment joli!!!
Clamille xoxo

Sel and Poivre said...

Aline I assume you will soon be off for the summer - have a wonderful rest with your family! A bien tot!