Boutique

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pebbles

Pattern/Modèle
#15 Noro Catwalk two Jenny Watson; Yarn/Qualité: Noro Silk Garden Sock (4); Needles/Aiguilles 3 mm; Notions/Fournitures: button - bouton; Gauge/Tension: oops! - je l'ai manqué...

Noro feels quite nice after a Wet Blocking session aka bubble bath. It feels like homespun to me. A heavier cardigan than I expected from a sock yarn and I did not get the gauge right at all. Boo. It might even be too big for me (as far as hoping it would be more tailored) but hanging in the shop, it oozes inspiration and that makes it all worth while. I must say, this Jenny Watson Catwalk book two is full of lovely patterns and I thought this cardi using only 4 balls was a great incentive while knitting the left front three times by which I managed to finally get the stitch count right...cough.

I made a few minor modifications. I could not bring myself to put ribbing on Pebbles. Nope. The garter stitch frill that I LOVE made it impossible to add any ribbing at all. I used garter stitch on the sleeve edges and the button band. Buttonless in the photo. Gasp!
I did not pick up the amount of stitches required for the band in the pattern either...I simply picked up one stitch of every row and increased 12 stitches evenly spaced on both fronts on the row after the button hole to help it lie flat. It was an idea that actually worked! I have no clue what button I will sew on but I made a two stitch hole in anticipation. I used a single 4 mm Dpn to cast off to control my tension. Perfecto!
I only matched the sleeves...the rest I left up to chance. My way of stating that people should learn to relax with self striping yarn. There, I said it!






Alors, j'ai fini le Noro Cardi. Il est effectivement un peu trop large...j'ai raté la tension...j'esperais que ce cardi soit plus léger mais après un bon bain et repassage...cette laine est quand même agréable et ce vêtement sera très utile à l'automne.
Mes modifications sont aucun points de côte...non merci! J'adore ce volant en pt mousse alors j'ai choisi d'incorporer ce pt mousse au détail de la manche ainsi que la boutonnière. D'ailleurs, ça fait très Bergère après tout!
Je n'ai pas suivit à la lettre la recette pour la bordure devant...j'ai tout simplement relevé une maille par rang et j'ai dû augmenter 6 mailles le long de chaque pièce devant (espacées également) après la boutonnière pour éviter qu'il se gondole.
TRUC! Une aiguille double pointe 4 mm m'a bien servit pour contrôler ma tension lorsque je m'appliquais à rabattre les mailles de la bordure devant.
Un petit mot pour ce qui concerne les rayures...j'ai agencé les manches mais le reste...que sera sera! Je ne suis pas à cheval de l'idée que tout doit être symétrique lorsqu'on tricote de la laine à moitif. On doit apprendre à ce calmer un peu. Ça fait du bien de l'dire. :)

7 comments:

Brenda said...

So So pretty. Pretty Pebbles

Firefly said...

Very pretty, and I love the ruffle hem!

Clamille said...

Elle est vraiment superbe!!!!
Beau travail!!!
Clamille xoxo

Aline said...

Merci! Thank you!! A. xx

Iza said...

Oui! vraiment j'aime beaucoup cette laine! la couleur et la texture... Et le résultat donne le goût de l'essayer! Bravo!

Hilary said...

That's so pretty! The ruffle is fantastic...and I love the slight puff in the sleeve.

allSaints said...

Qu'il est beau ! J'aime le petit volant dans le bas, j'espère qu,il est à la hauteur de tes espérances, bravo pour ton beau travail.