Boutique

Monday, March 15, 2010

...et je Crac!

Very special pair of socks for yours deary...
Seccotine kindly gifted me this very beautiful skein of Québec's own Biscotte & Cie, Bella in the Crac colourway at Christmas. She made a lucky choice for me because I love orange too! (Gros Merci !!)
I jumped the queue big time to knit these babies. My son had to spend a few five hours at emergency recently and I decided to sooth my nerves with this very yum yarn and set of 2.5 mm Dpns. I think I shocked the nurses...
I couldn't put these down each evening since (I love the colour so much!)...so much so that poor Pounie had a little accident on the floor near my seat since I had to get just one more row (you know you knit too much when...) Oops. I was so eager to get a shot of these today that I put them on soggy while the sun was still beaming through the windows...(you know you are a little cracked when...) and my next knit is blocking its heart out as we type...

Chaussette à la bergère...laine-Biscotte & Cie, Bella (Crac), aig 2,5 mm, 'toe up' (dit dont, y a-t-il un expression en français pour ça?) talon en pt mousse et rangs racourcis.
J'ai commencé ce projet à l'urgence lorsque mon fils attendait pour voir un médecin recemment...je voulais quelques chose de soulageant pendant ces heures d'attente. J'apprécie beaucoup cette laine que Seccotine m'a offerte en cadeau ce Noel dernier...Gros Merci (encore et encore). Cela était pour moi comme un câlin réconfortant d'une amie pendant ces heures d'inquiètude. J'aime bien que cette laine soit fait au Québec. La teinture est extraordinaire and un vrai plaisir pour les doigts de fées.

5 comments:

M.E. said...

J'espère que ton garçon va mieux. I know the feeling... you know you knit too much when you 6 year old want's breakfast... "you reply just after this row" and she replies "never mind... I'll do it myself" because she already knows that you might have trouble putting whatever you are knitting down! I've had to make myself stop! Poor child! :)
Very nice socks! Bravo for you new webpage! Very nice!

Sel and Poivre said...

I've been coveting a pair of orange socks for months and yours are just fabulous!!! No wonder you hurried to snap a shot while the sun was there to show them off to perfection. Beautiful!

Brenda said...

Orange lovers rock. The socks are wonderful.

Aline said...

...yes, Gage is much better now thanks.
...These socks are even better dry, hee! Thank you A. xx

Hilary said...

The color is absolutely divine! What perfect, perfect socks.