Boutique

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

**making the best of it**

Along with my new *working Mum* status, I end up doing several weekend loads of laundry. (I signed up for this - the joy) Always one to look on the bright side or find the silver lining...I decided to do some feltable knitting to pass the time waiting...while everybody else is out playing. Who needs a holiday? That's sissy stuff.
My friend Suzanne asked me to make her a new pair of slippers. I jumped at the chance to make these for her. She is a special friend that needs a cozy warm pair of Marmee Slippers to rest her sore feet when she gets home.
I knew these would be perfect! I made a pair at Christmas that turned out grand. Fool proof felting is the way to go.
On the other hand...
I was never so happy as to be finished knitting these clod hoppers!! (low whistle) Cripes these are huge! I had a bad feeling about this pattern. I was too chicken to cut short on the length because you can't unfelt the buggers once they have visited the hot soapy aggitator.
All is well, drying by the wood burner on Sunday afternoon....and the black ones were absolutely too big. I did trim the toes back with scissors and the sewing maching many inches to fit my husbands size 10 feet. I am giving these to Dan the friend that came and configured my router for me...set my wirelessness straight...I am forever thankful...After two loads of laundry, these slippers are perfect too. Ahhh... Now, on to some Top Secret birthday and toddler knitting.

4 comments:

Mirjana said...

Lovely slippers!

Sel and Poivre said...

Those are fabulous looking! You reminded me of how much I enjoyed the one attempt at felting I ever did - it was during the bitter cold of January and it felt so good to be sloshing around in hot, hot water!

Hilary said...

Ooooh, those look so cozy! I have a felted slipper pattern in my queue...this post makes me want to cast on right now!

Gothika said...

Nice slippers! You finally finish them! Your efforts have been rewarded!