Boutique

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bloemfontein



I have to say how delighted I've been while knitting these self patterning socks...
Yarn: Schoeller + Stahl  Fortissima Socka Mexiko Rosskastanie (Why do they give such names to sock yarn?)
Needles: 2.5 mm dpns
Pattern: Yarn Harlot plain recipe from the book....you know...

So pleased that these fit the boy cause the last pair did not...my son chose this colourway. He likes orange (like his mum). The whole while I've been knitting them I've been hungry for an orange creamcicle.
Thinking about the South African burning sun setting in the late afternoon while it is dim and cold outside in Lochaber Ouest.

I woke up this morning and the sun was brillant for taking pictures!

I scraped some time off my busy morning to head outside to find an appropriate place to photograph the finished sock (second one dangled from the needles, just the toes left to do).

I opened the door in a panic to let Poune escape all frantic cause she thinks FINALLY the invitation has come to go for a ride in the Saturn to spend the day with her Mum...nope, sorry baby just trying to get a decent winter photo of my bright sock.

I opened the door as I twirled the dial on the camera and I hard a distinct spring noise and thump thump...
The batteries escaped as well...out the door they went...one fell through the crack between the deck and the door stop...AHHH!
I was already cutting it close in time before THIS happened. So now I have to crawl under the deck in January to fetch my lost battery in order to take the bloody photo...
On second thought, very glad it is January and all the nasty spiders that team under there in warmer weather are all frozen. Yuk.

So please enjoy this photo, it cost me much to take it.


2 comments:

Hilary said...

Oooh, great sock! The colorway makes me think of an orange creamsicle, too! (yummy)

Susan said...

You know I simply adore orange, as well... those socks are dreamy and worth every second of crawling under the deck. :) Be thankful the spiders are dead/gone/frozen.