Boutique

Friday, December 18, 2009

pegged


The car problems have set events in motion for having some extra hands at the shop...

Len had to pick me up from work on Thursday evening so I asked him to bring a drill...

Within seconds I had sawdust everywhere and a lovely peg board to hang some skeins!


My son was happy to put the hooks on the board and hang the skeins for Mum...

We are very pleased with the new look and it makes it so much easier to sell them when they are hanging up rather than stuffed into a cubby that I pull out every time.


I started my version of Citron using Verdes Malabrigo lace (love love love -thanks Hilary xx)


What a totally fun knit! I had to maneouver the 90 degree picking up of stitches with a crochet hook...my eyes are not what they could be and the light is rather dim in the comfy knitting section of the shop and I had to try three times (quelle surprise!) before I opted for the good old crochet hook trick. Well anyway, I love it and I think I got it right. I am so seeing this on me at New Years*


I finished a summer knit this week-the mate to the one sock I had on display at the shop for months.

My son needs warm socks again so I thought I would give these blue ones to Gage but his clod hoppers are way bigger than mine already. I guess I do need more socks anyway.

The garage claims to have repaired my car. Tomorrow is Len's birthday and we have to put the tree up which is always fun. I am planning a little me time for shopping the last few gifts for Poune and Ichabird sometime soon and my ski trail is ready...whooo!

*Every year I make a big deal out of casting on something really grand on New Years day. January 1st 2010 will be February Lady/dreams in colour....ya bébeh!

4 comments:

Jean said...

Poune and Ichabird will be so happy. Isn't is amazing how quickly boy's feet grow, at least with winter socks and thicker yarn, they'll knit up pretty quick. I've always wanted to try cross country skiing (too clumsy for down hill). Probably would be a great workout (boy do I need that)

Elisabeth said...

Hi Aline! Enjoyed seeing you again (albeit briefly) on my last trip to Ottawa. The shop looks very good, all these new wools make it that much more interesting. Have a pleasant holiday with your family! Enjoy the kids, the hubby, the animals, the snow, the cooking, and try to find some time for yourself to curl up with a good book!! Will see you in the new year! Elisabeth

Sel and Poivre said...

Ahhh displaying yarn for appreciative eyes and casting on for something new...what a lovely thing to read about - thanks for sharing Aline!

Hilary said...

The hanks look so cool hanging on hooks like that - what a great idea! And I LOVE your Citron -- the variegated yarn is gorgeous!! (Crossing my fingers for your car...)