Boutique

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Maude alias Tinkerbelle

'Maude' by Diane Mulholland
Needles: 3 mm & 3.75 mm circulars and Dpns

Yarn: Diamond Luxury Collection alpaca Cashmere (800m)
Buttons from Laine de Bergère

I am very pleased with the outcome of this little sexy knit. I have not been very brave in the lace department all these years. I loath the part where the directions get obscure and you find yourself in a rather obvious place like the front armscye with no real clue how to 'continue in pattern' what with part of your stitch count recently dismissed...scary stuff indeed!

But with this top, the armscyes are easy because you tackle it from the neck down anyways. This pattern completely satisfied my thirst for pretty knitting and the urge to do ribbing for miles. Oh! and did I mention it is a Free Ravelry link?

I needed some words of wisdom from fellow knitters to understand the chart. Ravelry is the best place in the world if you ask me...with the help of some I got through it.
My beloved bergamot this year...the weather has been off and so I finally had a sunny morning to visit them a few days passed the peek but they are stunning just the same. xx

12 comments:

clamille said...

Wow!!!!! Il est vraiment joli!!!
Clamille xoxo

nicole said...

Vavavoom!

Sel and Poivre said...

What a lovely job you did on this one - it looks like it fits perfectly!

Susan said...

Your Maude is one hot knit... and the model that wears it is pretty hot, too. :)

Aline said...

thanks so much, A. xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a sexy little number! Where can I get the pattern and wool?

Ros

Hilary said...

Very, very sexy!! It turned out great!!

a mouse said...

great job!
i know diane.. i used to frequent the knit shop
she worked in here in london.. great designer!
hope you are well and the shop is rockin!
xoxox

Aline la Bergère said...

thanks for leaving a note...you make me smile. xx

Sandrine Tricofolk said...

Coucou Aline,
Il est très beau ce modèle, j'aime beaucoup !

Acorn to Oak said...

I love the sweater! It's adorable!

The bergamot is so pretty! I love the smell of bergamot oil but I've never seen what the plant looks like until now. I really like it!

a mouse said...

thanks darlin! i think YOU are brave
with your animals and your shop
you are truly living the dream life!
hearts xoxo