Boutique

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Getting ready for the next 6 months...

I'm a Ruby girl....born in July...love nothing more than to curl up in my shell with the things I hold dear...

To add to my classic book shelf.
...Little Dorrit!! merci Donna xx


What a perfect birthday gift. I feel a bit guilty because it is not in French and I vowed to only read French books. The joke around here is that perhaps I will read this much faster because it is in English...perhaps...but then again, French doesn't slow me down as much as it is falling asleep no matter what the language.


Stéphanie has been spoiling me again...she had the complete 'Candy' collection on VHS that she generously let me borrow. I am 9 years old again! It will be fun watching these episodes. This love story defined my idea of romance...
Ivy is all impressed that her Mum was 'into' mangas as a kid...ha!

5 comments:

Jean said...

Reading is a wonderful way to relax and I'm sure that you wouldn't want to ignore such a nice gift, so you vow doesn't really apply to them (at least in my book).

clamille said...

Si je comprends bien c`est ton anniversaire??? Suis-je en retard??? Passes une belle journée!!! Beaucoup d`amour autour de toi!
Clamille xoxo

nicole said...

First of all Happy, Happy Birthday!

Second of all, OMG, CANDY!!!!! I loved that show sooo much as a girl that when we'd leave for vacation, I'd cry because I wouldn't get to watch it (no PVR back then!)

Ah, the sweet prince... that brings me WAY back.

Mia said...

Hi Laine

Just wanted to say that I find you blog very inspirational.
Your shop looks amazing, and I have to say I’m a little bit envious of the place you live :)

Just watch Little dorrit on bbc, which was super good, but have never read the book unfortunately.

Best, Mia :)

Hilary said...

Happy birthday!! Hope it was a great one!