Boutique

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saying 'bon voyage'

Poune can't say it but she wonders where Mummy goes everyday. Len says she stays put until I get home.
He has tried everything to get her to eat or go pee but she only shivers or hangs out on her quilt.
When I get home, it's another story. Crazy Poune comes alive!
I have moved her food dish to my atelier so she can mow down her nummies while I blog and do paperwork. She seems to want me around for this event. (I am home for two days Poune, lets cuddle on the couch later. xx )

It rained buckets today. I had some special visitors at the shop. Donna and Ip popped in for a lesson and some shopping after having lunch at Pastina, yum. Ip wanted to see my shop before leaving the country on Tuesday.

Donna trying her hand at provisional crochet cast on for those Pinwheel cardi sleeves.

I finally get a picture of Ip's Pinwheel for the blog!!! Oh and I love all her cool bags too.



Ip trying to tie the silky thread to save her slipped stitches...

Adoring the alpaca...Ip loved my shelves of beige and grey...I can't wait to get some more colourful merino DK soon...

Ip is moving to Hong Kong on Tuesday. We are very sad to see her off but wish her luck and happiness!xx


We had fun posing for pictures on the store step after the rain storm. We had a great day. Thanks for spending the afternoon with me!

Things are settled in at the shop and now I can breath. In between praying for customers...
This is my knitting at the moment although I am aching to start a sock. Anneh kept me company (thanks!) at Knit Night on Friday evening and she is always knitting the coolest socks. This time a mystery KAL from Ravelry...Beeeautiful! I have to get busy. I must say, it was lovely to visit with her. We have been wanting to knit together for over a year. Le sigh.

In the background is my novelty yarn section. My sister hates this noyelty yarn. I laugh because it does look like somebody murdered the muppets...

I promised to post my hours as a button on the sidebar and haven't figured out how yet so I better get to it! bye bye A.xx

5 comments:

Jean said...

Poor dear Poune, my heart goes out to the petite chien. Your shop sounds like so much fun and I am feeling quite sorry for myself, I think I found a decent yarn store in Santa Monica, but it is such a far drive in LA traffic (sob). Your blog is becoming even more charming than before. Enjoy your new adventure in life, I can tell you love every minute of it. Your darling dog should adjust with a little time and lots of love.

Anonymous said...

Chère Poune comme elle doit te manquer. Il te faut un petit lit feutré et bien douillet pour elle dans un coin de la boutique.On part dans q.q. heures mais cela ne m'empêche de vérifier ton blog. Je vais manquer de te lire, mais je le ferai dès que je pourrai trouver un café internet. Bonne chance, les clientes vont venir dès qu'elles sauront quels trésors elles peuvent trouver chez Laine de Bergère.Jeannine

Sel and Poivre said...

I agree - can't sweet little Poune go the store with you?

Anonymous said...

Poune would be a wonderful asset to your business - take her to work :)
den

M.E. said...

You could bring her to work with you. I'm totaly for that...if you pet can be good at the shop it would be a great addition...

About your novelty yarn... I can't believe that everyone had the same idea about the muppet thing! funny. I like it...