Boutique

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ming & Coo

I have been too freaked out to blog (or knit) as of late...

I feel better now because some of the scary parts of opening shop are over. I am getting quite the education to say the least.

To celebrate, this is my first rainbow of 2009. My camera lens could not fathom the whole thing. Never gets old. A rainbow. I am six again.
Is it just me? The geese seem much bigger this year or perhaps they are hanging out closer to the house and so I see them better...? Turkeys man.


Last weekend, HD found this wooden shell shaped bowl at the public market. He thought it would be great for the shop to display yarn. I've trained him well. Merci!

I decided to put the alpaca/cashmere in it. Perfect fit.


Yesterday, I stocked my shelves with fresh summer sock yarns. Finally, a LYS that has lots of my-kind-of-sock yarn... I keep forgetting I am the reason for this. Hee!

Never have I ever wanted to be rich...but unlimited yarn money would be really nice to have now. I go to Montréal this Saturday to order my fall stock.

I adore this new-to-me baby bamboo/wool. The colour names are precious. Honeybun, coo, ming, happy... I wish I had this stuff when my wee folk were in diapers!

I set up my needle rack today. That was fun! I feel my knit shop mojo creeping back to me. I lost it when the stress was getting me down. Need to remember the inspiration behind all this. Breath. Even HD is catching the vibe. He keeps saying he wants to retire his chainsaw. Here is a secret... I would love a mate to knit with. That would confirm God got the memo!

12 comments:

Paula said...

Your shop looks lovely, Aline. I will try to visit soon.

Acorn to Oak said...

I'm so excited for you about your shop! I wish I wasn't so far away. I'd love to visit. Looks like a great shop with lots of fun yarns! Best wishes! I hope it all works out awesome! :-)

The Fairy Shoemaker said...

Hang in there Aline xxx

Clamille said...

Wouhou!!!! Ça avance! Courage, tu y arriveras!
Clamille xoxo

Anonymous said...

L'arc-en-ciel! Quel beau signe pour débuter ta nouvelle carrière. Bonne chance. J'ai hâte d'aller voir ça. DouceAubergine

Femme du Monde said...

Oooh the place is looking fabulous. Can't wait to see the Yummy sock yarn up close and personal.

nicole said...

Somewhere, over the rainbow...

So exciting!

Jean said...

I love the shop, the socks yarns look fab. Oh how I do envy those who can actually visit your shop. The bowl is a WONDERFUL display tool and quite charming as well.

kate said...

The shop totally rocks! Everything looks fab! My next road trip is in your direction!

Sel and Poivre said...

"Breath" - never was there a better thing to keep in mind - always! The shop is looking great - so exciting!

hibou said...

I can't believe I haven't said this yet, but congratulations on your shop! What a task that must be! I hope to visit someday.

a faerie finder said...

happy rainboWS!!!!
thanks for the birthday wishes!
the shop is looking lovey :)
keep up the good work and never give up!!!
xoxo