Boutique

Thursday, April 23, 2009

A taste of what has transpired today.

I am missing vital parts to my stock colours and am glad I remembered to leave holes for the missing colours to come. Pheow.

Starting slow and small to make it big and beautiful. Feeling self conscious as usual. gulp.

My second room is full of shelves but they will remain empty for now. It will be used as the sewing room for starters. Room to grow!

I am all in a twist about patterns. Where do I begin? I am not made of money so what does a girl buy first?

I have been shopping sock yarn today. Oh my! I found some delicious NEW stuff that had me at hello. Can't wait to see the price list. Crossing me fingers.

I will definitely carry Malabrigo...I am dying to see this stuff. I read many bloggers knitting with it and hear nothing but oooh and ahhh...

I fired off an email to Dream in Colour too but they never replied. Once the phone is connected in the store, I will give them a call because I love this yarn with a holy passion. yum yum yum... ;)

Oh and let me know what colours you all like. I am afraid the walls might reflect my personal taste at this point - sorry! (tight budget and all). I need to think outside the knitting bag... Not easy!

Besides all that, I have relinquished the OKG Library Coordinator position. I have too many sticks in the fire now. Something had to go.

I have set my summer shop hours:
Tuesday - Wednesday 10:00 to 16:00
Thursday - Friday 11:00 to 20:30
Saturday 10:00 to 17:00

The O Knitting Guild meeting is always on the third Monday of the month and that falls on a day off. I think I will be happy to let the Saturn cool. I will make the odd surprise visit I am sure. A new Coordinator has been found and I am heaving a huge sigh of relief. Our new library is so cool and fabulous! I want it to prosper. Good luck with that volunteers!

It occured to me today that I need to find chairs for Knit & Spin Night. I hope I don't run out of seating...eek! Instead of bring your own booze the sloggan will be bring your own seat.

All in all, I am both terrified and ecstatic. Next week is full of appointments that tie all the loose ends. Friends will start to pop in too. Moment of truth! Be gentle...haha.

I have a big day in May when I drive to Montréal to visit Diamond Yarns. Send out the pose in June if I am not back yet.

5 comments:

Jean said...

I wish we at least lived in the same country, the postal rates between the US and Canada are an ouch! I would put out the word you could use a few charming chairs to outfit your shop, I'll bet there are a few people you know who will either loan you some or give them to you. One comfy chair is important (for some reason). BYOC is not a bad idea though. Your new yarn bins look fabulous. We might have to check out to see if there is affordable postage.

Sel and Poivre said...

I'm just finishing up three skeins of Laines du Nord Mulberry Silk - it is the most magical yarn I've ever used - if you're not familiar with it check it out when you visit Diamond!

Its so exciting to read about your progress - how smart of you to leave holes for colours yet to come!

clamille said...

J`ai vraiment hâte de voir tout ça en vrai!!!! La boutique ouvre quand???
Clamille xoxo

kate said...

I am soooooooooooooooo excited both for you and for me -- a new shop to shop! Woo-hoo!!!!! Looks great, keep going!!!

Carmen said...

chairs: IKEA!