Boutique

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

sudden urge to cast on

HD has been rained out of his jobjob so he offered to help me finish with the shelves at the shop.

That is when I remembered that I have a serious lack of hand eye coordination.

No matter how hard I try, I just cannot slide those glass plates into the tiny sockets with the same speed and agility as Len.

With both of us at the shop, we have to wrap it up by 2 pm to be home in time for the yellow bus. It was 1:30 pm when we finished with the shelves and could start to bring out boxes of yarn. The fun begins! I am trying to work fast and make a great display. I wish I had some yarn fairy to wave a wand now and then. Just looking at the many balls of lush and fabulous stock, I get the sudden urge to never open to the public. Cast on many many projects and knit forever...!

The changes around here are very drastic. Everyone has to pitch in and help. Patience and cooperation please! Even the dog is finding the new working Mum part hard on the constitution...Here is Poune the night I set up my laptop. She was not very happy to see me with another computer to tap away on forever...Click click click! She kept moaning and tapping on my leg to get my attention. I let her outside many times and she would bark to come back in without stepping off the deck. She has water...I think she was jealous of the new computer! Poor Dog.
Look at that face...

4 comments:

Jean said...

Will you be able to take her to the shop? There was a local yarn shop and the owner had brought in her dogs, they were so popular and I think people sometimes came just to see them. How much fun, to have all that yarn to play with!

The Fairy Shoemaker said...

What a face Aline! Its very much a 'telling off sort of look', a 'you silly woman, what are you doing tippy tapping on a plastic box?? Humans are mad!!!!. Obviously a clever little dog! The computer is a type of madness. Ive just got a laptop too, more madness...
The shop is wonderful! I want to come and stack balls of soft rainbows with you.... wings dont work though, so thats out! I shall make do with your wonderful updates instead! xxxx wishing you oodles of woolly fun!

Hilary said...

Aww...poor doggie! My cat gets jealous like that, too (if I do ANYTHING besides pet him). The shop looks great! I would have a very hard time not knitting up all that yarn, too.

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh my goodness, I'v been off line - for a weeks I admit - but I come back and find you've got a yarn shop!!! Congratulations! How exciting!