Boutique

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mr. Postman

I think it is kinda cute that I am using a Vogue Knitting mag as a mouse pad. Typical knitter. Thank goodness I recyle because when I was pulling the mouse packaging apart I found a battery tucked inside the cardboard. It could have been trashed! That was a close one.

I was enjoying the rain storm we had earlier this week at the shop until the Postman arrived with my mail.

He said he was sorry that my parcel was nearly melted to shreds by the time he arrived to my door....huh?

All my yarn samples hanging out of the wet shredded envelope like a car wreck victim.

He could at least hang a fake smile when I thank him in my usual cheerful manner regardless of his lack of regard for my stuff. Ever hear of a mail bag Mister? If he did this to one of my knitting magazines I would have to kill him. I have my limits of cheerful self.
Well, enough is enough. I have decided that the crazy business of starting a business will no longer come between me and my stitches.

I am passed the holes for the sleeves. I am only on my second skein of yarn so far. It boggles the mind. I love Galway. I just picked out some new colours for Fall that will be available at Laine de Bergère.

My cash register is ready now. I was very happy to meet 'Earl' from The Supplier company. He said my gently used cash register is still a good old girl with lots of zing left in her. I am nervous about using it. Today was a crash course and I hope I can follow my own notes. The operation manual is like chinese to me. The big joke around here is that on the bright side, I have no boss to yell at me or get fired when I screw up. On the other hand, I only have myself to call when I have a problem. Time to develop a split personality.

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Ugh, how frustrating! I hope the samples are ok...

knitjo said...

That has happened to me twice in the last month! Packages that are coming apart...what is Canada Post up to?!
The shop is looking great...

Sel and Poivre said...

I love that picture from your sweet little counter in your NEW YARN SHOP! How nice to have such a beautiful big window and all that natural light for your shoppers!

Jean said...

My current postman is brutal with mail and has a grumpy personality to go along with it, absence of mail is much more frequest now. We used to have a darling postman that I adored. I saw him on our street last year and giggled like a school girl, I wanted to give him a big ole hug, but he said he was just filling on for our regular guy who was on vacation, he was so kind and said he really missed us all and wished he could come back. By the way would you mind if I suggest the next time someone shows you technical stuff either record it or film it (if they don't mind)that way you could watch it as many times as you need. I am so excited for you. The little peaks at your store have revealed your charm.

kate said...

The shop is looking totally fab and look at you - learning new stuff every day! How cool is that! I'll bet that postman is grumpy because no-one's ever knit anything just for him and he's just plain jealous of you in your cozy little shop surrounded by soft and lovely things every day..!

The Fairy Shoemaker said...

It looks like its all coming together beautifully! Apart from your post.....!!!