Boutique

Monday, March 30, 2009

soggy

My knitting at the moment is held prisoner by 24 inch circulars which make the pie I am knitting look like a Jiffypop we eat when camping or icefishing. I love popcorn and haven't had lunch yet...could be another good reason why my knitting is looking yummier.

Flip it over and you get a nice size bowl. A little silicon spray and I could paddle around my yard which is more like a lake at the moment.
I have my very own iceberg(ish) floating in the yard. The excess water and frozen drains are driving HD mad these days. The rain is lovely to wash away the ugly grey but the flood is public enemy #1.


I was visiting my Sister last weekend and took this picture of her Pinwheel beginning. The large cookie is a treat to ourselves from the Gaia Restaurant where we had lunch. It is a Vegan/Vegetarian restaurant. The food was delicious. The vinaigrette on my salad was so good I bought a bottle to bring home. I must find a recipe for Brown Rice casserole too. I think I will try my hand at inventing one of my own. Topped with a slice of roasted Gruyère...mummm.

On the sewing front: I went shopping in the shed today. I have my many containers of fabric waiting patiently for me to create lovely garments. I've decided to use this very special piece of velour fabric to make a knitting notion bag. The one I've been using for over 20 years is sad. Time to treat myself to a fabulous one à la Bergère. I've put it off long enough.

3 comments:

nicole said...

I love the colour you chose for your pinwheel!

Jean said...

Interesting knitting. The iceberg in the yard and all that water is a little scary to me, we are having a drought again, it would be nice if things were a little more balanced. I look forward to your new knitting bag, be sure to post photos of your WIP.

Hilary said...

Oooh, how fun! Your bag will be amazing!