Boutique

Saturday, March 14, 2009

A new broom and a fresh breeze

A small part of me enjoys crochet. In fact, it is ten times easier than knitting in my opinion although, I prefer the 'look' of knitting in most cases.
About 5 years ago, I met my friend Suzanne and her two lovely cats named Café and Peanut. I took a notion to make a center piece of filet crochet for her apartment. I got this far when both cats died within months of each other. I felt that the gift was ill timed and put it away while I got busy with my knitting again.
A few days ago, I ran into Suzanne and she asked me if I had ever finished that secret project I was making for her...? She likes to tease me.
We had a big laugh about it and I came home and took it out of the cupboard.
Suzanne has a new pet now. A lovely bird. I think it is safe to bring Café and Peanut out of the cupboard and honour these felines. I need to remember which hook I was using for this...oh dear!

I am teaching a crochet tablecloth pattern in my Monday class at the LYS. Brings back the urge to make pretty lacy things for this house. I wish I could blink my eyes and turn wishes into object d'arts.

Gage Harrison turned 7 today. He loves fishing and has a smile that could melt a deep freeze. Bonne fête Gazou! Je t'aime xx

2 comments:

The Fairy Shoemaker said...

What incredible patience to work such fine crochet work!! I just couldnt do it!!!

nicole said...

Bonne fête Gage!! That's an amazing fish you caught there. My fisherman husband was impressed!