Boutique

Friday, March 20, 2009

A day at the farm

I spent a few hours Thursday visiting a friends farm in Hawksbury. My husband built this log home for her. I took advantage of taking a picture of my knitting in progress in this pretty spot.
I brought my knitting to work on hoping to inspire our friend. She has a new flock of Sheep and Llamas and wonders what to do with all that fleece...

Here I am trying on the Whisper cardi after the ribbing is complete. Next is casting off the collar ribbing and proceeding with the back and sides of the project using short row shaping.
I asked HD what he thought about it and his response was: "it better not shrink!" My own handspun is what it is and in all softness this thing is knitting up to a different gauge but I am determined to finish it and try it on with a camisole before I decide it is too small. So far so good over a long sleeve shirt.

After lunch we spent a few minutes at the barn getting acquainted with the barnyard folk. This boy is identical to the stray cat we have at home...!
Doesn't the darker llama look like Beetlejuice? hee!

The baby llama in the middle is a girl (I've forgotten her name!) and her mum is Lola off to the right...
Koffsky the ram...


My oh my the weather is perfect for a roll in the hay...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty pic ...

d

Jean said...

I love the misty photo of you, quite charming. I do envy your visit to the farm and if your friend chooses they could always sell their animal's fleece (hope that is the correct term) to fellow spinners, but I do hope that she catches the bug from you, the knitting world is growing and we could always use another craftswoman in this world!