Boutique

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sois le mien...seed stitch

Catnip Scarf
Eastleaf pattern
Norah Gaughan design
Berroco booklet Vol. 4 (Gothic)
Needles: 3.75 mm
Yarn: Quina by Mirasolperu
80% baby alpaca
20% bamboo
Olive green

This was my Christmas present from my sister Donna. Merci Pet!
I love love love it! So I called this one 'Catnip' because it was that much fun to knit and roll around with.
I tried it on for size in this picture as soon as I got it off the harmonies.
A SOAK bath and a good blocking overnight did wonders. Like magic the motif pops and everything looks slick.


I got 4 skeins of this in my gift but only used 3 1/2. I will test my fingers on a swatch for a matching hat with the seed stitch and lace, sideways.

I LOVE the seed stitch version of this (mine). But then again, I am biased about seed stitch.

Good news! I got a call this morning and have been asked to teach a class at my new LYS. Best job in the world. Amen.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Nice work... once again! Beautiful scarf. Looking forward to stopping at the new wool store in Buckinham on my way from Mont-Laurier to Ottawa (or vice versa). Looking forward to maybe finally meeting you! Say hello to Renée for me!

Sel and Poivre said...

The asymmetry of the pattern is wonderful!

nicole said...

Paid to knit??? OMG!!!

Beautiful scarf. I love love love the seed stitch border!