Boutique

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Loupgarou moon


A lovely alpaca swatch I made on the full moon.
I am trying to find a bell edge stitch to make the same knickers as tinyowlknits.
These pretty frills give me fever!
As for that marvelous moon...
Just before leaving home around supper time the moon decorated the dark blue twilight sky over our chimney. As Chloé exclaimed: A giant peach! It looked to us like Tim Burton had placed a halloween moon in the sky. I wished I had a worthy camera lens for such moons. I would have given anything to post it here for you.

So many unusually happy coincidences are happening to me this week. What a time! Last night at the Ottawa Knitting Guild meeting, a member donated a stack of stitch dictionaries. (And me that loves dictionaries but that's another story) One of which had the bell edge stitch I spent all afternoon trying to conjure up from my needles! I had a wee snoopy dance. A wee pang for the loss of knitting time...

This morning hubness handed me a parcel notice...I wasn't expecting delivery for at least three more weeks. Squee! I want everyone to meet 'Spring tickle'. Can anybody tell I bought this colour just because of its name? hee

Who doesn't love a little tickle. In the right place. giggle.

ETA: I made my scrumptuous lentil soup today and it is the same colour as my new yarn...quelle surprise. Yum! Have a sniff, it's delicious.

4 comments:

Jean said...

What a delightful post! So full of joie de vie. I love the new yarn you receive - tres jolie (Hope my limited French isn't too offensive). It seems everything is going your way. I had the same thougt about photographing the moon and today the distant mountain ranges were spectacular, dark purple hills against a white mountain range and crisp blue skies. Temps actually remained in the 50's today (cold for us) and will drop down in the 30's tonight.

nicole said...

Don't you just LOVE tinyowlknit's designs? The knickers you've got going are so sweet.

And what are you planning with your Dream in Color? I have such a fetish for that yarn. One of these days I'm going to order a boatload of Strange Harvest (another great colour name!)

Sel and Poivre said...

That moon poured in through the skylight flooding our hallway with silvery blue. Too much magic for any lens!

Hilary said...

Mmm...both the soup and the yarn look scrumptious! And I looooove tinyowl's knickers -- can't wait to see how yours turn out!