Boutique

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Injured wing saga update

Getting better is what I am focusing on these days. I know I'm getting through this because 1. I haven't taken any tylenol in two days 2. I am sleeping (relative terms) in my own bed again 3. I have crafted something today
So far, I have been calming the swelling with a 'homeo-pathetic' ziplock filled with frozen niblets (corn). It works! From now on I need something I can warm in the oven for my apply heat treatment before my dreaded stretching of the old injured wing episodes to come...ayyyy!

I had a jar of French Dupuy lentils (yum) on the counter that I used to fill this cotton pillow I designed for my hotty shoulder bag. One of those things I have been meaning to make for ages but today I was desperate to craft something. Honestly, I dream of knitting at night. This is serious knitters withdrawal happening.

I did however attend the first class of knitters at Tricot Darquise yesterday afternoon. I wasn't fired so I guess I'm okay. Nothing like a table full of impatient knitters to make me want to curl into a ball and forget all about wool. I don't have a strong personality so these social situations make me uncomfortable (I remember this now) but it is all for a really great cause and good for me. I want to get back into the working world one stitch at a time.
p.s. I am taking this hiatus as the perfect time to upload my stashed yarn onto my notebook on Ravelry. Call me looney but I like to visit my own stash on Ravelry. HD is convinced I'm warped as he shakes his head and smiles.

3 comments:

nicole said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend! I tried leaving a comment on your last post, but for some reason, it wouldn't work.

Congrats on teaching. I'm not sure I'd have the guts. That's great!

Jean said...

Sounds like you are on the mend. Patience and you will make a full recovery. This knitting class sounds like just what you need, sometimes situations that make us uncomfortable can be used as a means to grow, ir forces us to change. Your hot and cold pads sound interesting. I shall definately pick up some corn to keep in the freezer - clever idea.

Ip said...

Take care~