Boutique

Monday, January 12, 2009

Camp 'crazee'

Eventually, you have to move the sofa and thus clean there. For those who haven't read before...under the sofa is where I banish bad knits.

I have two UFO's left and this is my 'if it's the last thing I do' part III of 2008 yet to be completed.

I have officially 'run out' of 'pale green' and 'turf'. I managed to play a few tricks just to get two 'relatively-don't-give-a-hoot-anymore) armhole ribbings done to match.
This leaves me with a small pile of similar coloured yarn to step-in for the missing colours from this kit to work with.
I have decided that I paid enough money already for this that buying more yarn is out of the question. I would die if I had to wait another day for mail to arrive with more 'pale green' and 'turf' just to do 4 rows.


...Although I have no buttons and just got back from a trip to the 'city', sh*t.

Note to self: search through button stash in sewing box later!
On Saturday, I picked up all the stitches around the front. (365) Thought I was pretty smart. Then I realized I picked them up first from the left front of vest instead of from the right front of vest. It felt good at the time. RIP.
The eye strain is something else. I am blind in one eye and the other one has been sore since the incident last summer with a moldy bail of hay. I have to take Aerius somedays, just to see. I feel like Frank McCourt's baby brother.

All this to say, I am still picking up stitches. I have no instructions on how to make buttonholes with this pattern. Whoa? I had to look up an Alice Starmore pattern featured in the British Invasion Vogue Knitting Holiday 2007 for a hint. I distinctly remember Mrs. Corlett mentioning to me that I should refer to Starmore for extra instructions... It was a blur to me then. I was so smitten and in-love with my new kit. The pokey details of finishing this project seemed to be so far off in the future but here I am. Older and blinder. I still really love this vest and can't wait to take it out for a ski.

Not before I embroider the armadillo border collie pup and the sheep. The sheep I plan to embroider with yarn spun from my own beloved ewes. I have Koonie, Rhubarbe and Freida fleece to use for this. Very special knit indeed.

1 comment:

Sandrine Tricofolk said...

Bonne année Aline ! Je viens toujours te lire régulièrement, même si je ne laisse pas forcément de messages :)