Boutique

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

sweets and snow

Five star sack

Yarn: homespun 2 ply fingering wt (forget what breed of sheep)
Needles: 3.5 mm. 2.75 mm dpns
Hook: 3.5 mm
Technique: Double knitting on two needles. Felted. Crocheted strap.
My own design. I didn't bother with guage this time. I changed to smaller dpns for the ruffle at the top by adding stitches every stitch in alternate rows. Cast off loosely.
In October 2007 at the OVWSG Exhibition and Sale, I bought my top whirl drop spindle. It came with a wad of this roving I used to practice spinning and plying. This produced a small skein of lilac yarn that was perfect for this gift.
Chloé loves purple and she needed a sack to carry her MP3 player coming from Santa. A quick knit for this crazy last week. I tried Double Knitting for the first time and I think it is the coolest thing. I want to do this again soon.

This year my family has adjusted the calendar so we can spend Christmas day with my Papa that is spending his first Christmas in the long term care home. I didn't have to twist any arms to agree to open parcels a day early this year. So, the 23rd was the 'Eve' for us. The tradition in my home is to bake gingerbread men on Christmas Eve. One of which is reserved for Santa with a glass of milk. Apparently, he comes whenever you set out a plate and cup...Who knew? We were up early with the wee folk passing around parcels and enjoying the surprises. We have spent all day eating candy out of our sock. The dog enjoying her busy bone by the fire. Playing some new games. I have a stew simmering on the wood stove. I plan on making donughts this afternoon. The weather has warmed up to a balmy degree. The rain is coming down now. Perfect for some coffee, shortbread cookies and garter stitch. Hope you and yours have as warm and cozy Christmas. XX

5 comments:

Paula said...

Merry Christmas, Aline!

stacey said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Enjoy the holiday break!

Mrjana said...

Merry Christmas!

nicole said...

That's my plan for today, sitting around eating sweets and knitting... Heaven!

Hope you and yours have a fantastic Christmas season. All the best for 2009, my dear Aline!

xoxo
Nicole

Jean said...

The wee little bag is darling. I am so glad that you got spend time with your dad. It's important for them to feel the love of their family, especially on holidays, your kindness will not go unrewarded.