Boutique

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

December work

There is a lot of handcrafting going on here all year long. We make a living at our art. The latest project in the Shop are these lovely benches made to order for a Log Home owner in Mt. Tremblant Qc. I am particularly smitten with these benches and had to share.
It feels like Santa's workshop with elves (kittens) about...

Meanwhile, by the wood burner inside....



While Hub-ness is busy sanding and sawing, I have started a secret knit for his up coming Birthday (19th). I am making the Zimmermann Rib Warmer in a lovely dark heather wool that looks to me like dark brown but up close could be anything really. I am resizing this pattern which in EZ's Knitting Workshop book is only a guideline anyway. I am using a generic T-shirt from his cupboard (one he wouldn't miss 'cause there are several of these) the trick is to figure out the length at lib. The T-shirt is madningly unhelpful for this. Len has a long torso and I want this to fit well around the bottom to keep him warm while he works or when ice-fishing. See above bending photo...he does alot of bending and fishing.

Guess what?

Last weekend on a reward-for-good-report-cards trip to the mall cinema with the wee folk, I stumbled across a 20% sale at my LYS. I bought some stuff but wanted to have another go at it all by me onesy. I happened to mention this out loud once or twice since and wouldn't you know it? My car has died. Despite changing the battery it keeps starting only when it wants too. Today, Len has removed the part called a 'Starter' and my jalopy sits in the Shop, hood-up, waiting for a new 'Starter'.

I bet ya if I had kept my mouth shut, I would be sipping a latte petting my new yarn by now...

1 comment:

Jean said...

I can sympathize with your car problems, I had that for several month, replaced starter, battery... it turned out to be the ignition switch. Do hope you get to your yarn store soon! Lovely bench, I really appreciate word working. Wood ages so lovely developing rich tones as it ages (especially cherry and cedar).