Boutique

Friday, November 7, 2008

Tag you're it! And other business

The talented and fun Fairy Steps has tagged me to share 7 facts about myself. I am ever so boring (I now realize) but am pleased to play the game and tag some other favorite blogs of mine to play with us!

Here are the rules:

-Link to your tagger and list these rules
-Share 7 facts about yourself (random or unusual)
-Tag 7 other people at the end of your post by leaving their names and links to their blogs
- Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

Here goes, these are my own personal 7 facts:
1. I was named after a Catholic nun
2. I married a lumberjack
3. I am under 5 feet tall
4. I grew up on an organic farm with no plumbing for the first few years
5. I wanted to be a ballerina
6. I love dogs and turtles with a passion. I want to adopt/rescue an English Bulldog next...
7. I dream of having my own fiber shop!

These are the next 7 tag players:
Cocoknits, tricofolk, Blackstarknitting, CelticMemoryYarns, DanceswithWool, broccolidance, Visualisepeace

Hello Broccolidance? Yes well, this means you have to blog now because I've tagged you. Just saying. I think we would all love to see your sewing and spelt muffins.
Love Pet xx

In other news...
My very first knit design is under way. I am starting from the top and fitting to Poune as I go. I must have taken 26 photos before hitting the jackpot. She nearly licked me to death as I smoothed the stitches along the thread.
I love the contrast of the provisional yarn colour!

I am working on the edging of my pinwheel. I am starting to worry about the fit of this project. I am sort of winging my way across this one. Cross your fingers everybody. This baby is coming this month! But this cardigan is not a newborn size so I am okay. I found it nice to get gifts to fit my older babies. The newborn size doesn't last long and in my case, I gave birth to toddlers anyway. Ouch!
My hub-ness was away for most of this past week finishing up a lovely log cabin/cottage for someone (else). No, I am not bitter. This allowed for less meals to make and more time to spin. I am still trying to remember where I hid my spare bobbins. Sigh.
Len's favorite ewe was Kounie. So I am washing, carding and spinning her fleeces first. It is ever so soft!
I don't know if I am feeling guilty about selling my flock but I thought I heard sheep calling me last time I went for a walk to the river...Oh I miss you Kounie!
Since I can't find my bobbin hidding place just yet, I thought I would ply my last lace wt of Frieda's fleece. This one turned out so wonderfully! It did not break during the winding and it looks rather consistant. I am very pleased with this one.


I am off to warm up lunch and back to some wool.
P.s. Three trees have fallen on our cottage. EEk! Thankfully Hub-ness is a lumberjack and has all the savoir faire of removing the forest from its roof. Gulp.



No comments: