Boutique

Thursday, November 27, 2008

KAL announcement

Wanna join a Pinwheel KAL?

Pinwheels are a fun toy to have on a windy day in the park with your best friend so please join!
Some friends of mine want to knit a Pinwheel cardi which is a free pattern from the wonderful Elann.com and I so loved this knit I have been itching to make another for me-self so lets share the love! It is ever so easy, portable and relaxing that you can add it to your knitting bag no matter what season deadline you are under...fun!
We are starting the project in Mid-December. More details to come. You can stash dive for whatever you like because this pattern is nothing if not versatile and beginner friendly too. Keep in touch and I will add you to the list.
Bergère has survived quite a week. I got home from a dream weekend I knew it was a set-up last Sunday to a crisis. I ended up Monday afternoon in emergency with my 8 year old. I am so glad we have health care and antibiotics!!

The following day, my last Sock-club yarn arrived at the best moment to cheer me up. I am a little sad that it is over and have decided I so love belonging to a club like this that I want to join another one this year.
Spread the love.
My heart is set on Red Bird Knits Sock Club Let me decided how many visits from the Postman Extraordinaire I think I will need in 2009. Hum...? Hard to say what the future has me scheduled for. Yikes.
Here is the beautiful Muddy Autumn Rainbow colourway. The last installment of the 2008 STR Sock club. I am thrilled about the pattern because it is from Anne Hanson of Knitspot. I have been admiring all the projects happening on this blog at an insane rate of amazing knitting. Nothing like that ever happens here on the farm I tell ya. But now I can say, I own one of her designs. Yay!
At the moment, I have put the Quiver sweater on the high heat burner. Poune needs to keep her belly warm on the walks we have been trying to take together. That's a story for another day.
This morning, I received my Berroco Newsletter and was delighted to find 'Buster' that I will make next. I think the knit-gods of the universe have sent me this pattern because it is just too painful to watch me frog and reknit and be licked-to-death each time I try-it-on-for-size.
BTW the Berroco newsletter is so much fun! Lots of free patterns that are very queue worthy indeed. Go check it out on your next I-luv-net-break. Not to mention it links to Norah Gaughan's Blog. Ahem.
Slurp!

No comments: