Boutique

Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall is for colour and knitting dessert

The sockettes are done and they fit. The recipient is 8 yrs old and she loves them. She said so. She really likes the way they are different and spent some time studying which foot she liked best. The warmth will be a bonus.

As for the short row heel: I will not give up! I went to the doctor this morning and he said my blood pressure was too high. I blame those double wraps. That and coming off a weekend with my kids. Deadly combo. Note to self: If I am falling apart, I want to get as much knit before I kick the bucket.

My baby pinwheel sweater is coming along nicely. I am amazed at how much fun this is to make. I see myself stocking more yarn for others to come. This yarn is so pretty. I feel as though I were knitting dessert. It has lovely little bits of embroidery floss spun into it that appear like many french knots of pastel colours. I am sure the new Mum will adore her sweet girl dressed in this swirl of comfort. My yarn is DK and the pattern calls for worsted wt so I am crossing my fingers and tweaking the counts. The sleeve stitches are the next thing for me to do and I can't wait to see what becomes of it. I hear the bus, this is me now off to make after school snacks.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You why you have high blood pressure and I don't? Spelt muffins. Yep that's the secret. I will bake you some fresh for Saturday morning.

Luv sis

Jean said...

The sweater does remind me of frosted cupcakes with sprinkles, it is so sweet looking (giggle). The baby will love wearing something made with so much love. Sounds like you have a loving sister to bake you goodies (I saw the previous comment) its nice to know that people care about you and your welfare.