Boutique

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Early morning knitting

This has been bookmarked for ages over here. I have a baby gift to knit and the solution occured to me early this morning. I have some stashed yarn that I can use to avoid buying more. Why didn't I think of this sooner?In other news, my short row heel is kicking my butt. I don't like the first version I used for the first sockette and the second version will be perfect. I have only ripped it out three times. I got up early this morning to re-read the tutorial here. It is the purl side/public side/picking up of double wraps that is not my forte. I am off to cook some oatmeal and have another cuppa. Great weekend to you all!

2 comments:

nicole said...

I'm struggling with the same issues with my first toe up sock, in honor of socktober.

I just hate those double wraps. And is it me, or do short row heels look a bit weird. Harumph!

I do like being able to use every last inch of wool though.

Jean said...

Thank you for the link for the tutorial. I've been ejoying your blog for a little while now and find your writing has charm and sincerity. I may want to knit a few more socks heel down before I attempt the toe up version.