Boutique

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

toe up, top down and bumps all over

I have been meaning to try toe up socks. This is my first toe! I am also studying how to knit sweaters from the top down. I am basically going where Bergere has not gone before. Lookout!


I finally took a picture of my fowl friends. It was rather dim in the Bergerie/hen house but they looked so cute settling in for a siesta.
I went for a walk through the yard and found a lovely bush of flowers. The bees were quite delighted with this plant. I have no idea what it is but it is beautiful.
I am knitting this yarn these days. I am making something special for a very clever girl which involves making 'bumps' and that is all I can say. Fun project that I can't broadcast just yet.



4 comments:

Femme du Monde said...

puff the magic dragon lived by the sea...the flowers I believe are asters they have a really nice smell. love ya:)

Susan said...

Yay! Toes-up! Once you go toes-up, baby, you'll never go back.

Or is that tits up?

nicole said...

Yes, these flowers are asters. They're some of my favourite flowers. You see tons of them blooming on roadsides and along woodland paths. They grow in a variety of purples, pinks and whites, such a great contrast for the oranges, yellows and reds of fall.

I have yet to try toe up socks. But I really really want to learn. So much better for using up every bit of yarn. Good for you!

Jean said...

You will have to let us know how the toe up sock is to work with, I've only knitted a few socks using the two circular needle method. I also plan on a sweater soon, I fell for the February Lady Sweater and was told this would be a great sweater for me to start with.