Boutique

Monday, August 4, 2008

Knit Out

I just got a newsletter from Berroco. Norah Gaughan Vol 3 has me needing a little nap. Gothic inspired knits à la favorite designer. I still haven't knit Vol. 1 yet! Oh la la.

Sunday was a special day. The annual Knit Out at the Ottawa Experimental farm with the Guild. It was over before I knew it but I had a wonderful afternoon. This year, I volunteered to help and was assigned to teach knitting. I am happy to report that I even taught a boy. He loved it and said to his Mum that he wanted to make knitting his private hobby.-haha!
We had some fun with fiber friends. This year some of our spinners brought their wheels. I brought my spindle but I don't have the pictures yet. It was lovely to meet up with some of my favorite knitters. See what cool stuff they brought to work on. My favorite was Susan's 'Boob jewelry'. A negative ease corset style top to wear over a blouse. I wish my camera battery would have cooperated long enough to capture that. I would like to thank the weather for being so lovely. It did not rain and a cool breeze kept blowing by. I drove home in the sun shine with rain drops coming down and a full rainbow up ahead. I think it is a sign of good things to come.

2 comments:

Paula said...

It was nice to see you there. Thanks for taking pics for me. I'll get to posting them eventually!

nicole said...

Oh, that looks like fun, I wish I had been there!