Boutique

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Birthday!


This morning the sheep were excited about something. They heard me slipping and sliding my way to the bergerie with water jugs and trying hard not to fall and break a hip...They were all mooing at me in a funny way. I came around the side of the building in a hurry to see what the fuss was about and saw an extra sheep! Everybody was in huff...even Pogo was making noise which is rare indeed. It took me a minute to figure out that Rhubarbe was the new mother. The lamb was following her when Rhubarbe moved to the feeders. This new little girl will be called 'Fraise'. Since Strawberry and Rhubarbe is our favorite jam! The grand event had just happened before I got there. I will keep a vigil in case another lamb arrives and make sure Fraise is feeding. I am happy that Rhubarbe seems to be maternal. I am thrilled that it is a girl since having males related to the girls is a pain in the butt. I hope the weather warms up since we had not planned on having lambs this year. Pogo is actually in the maternity ward since they were not getting along last fall and we separated them. The other sheep are calm and seem to welcome the baby. Squwee!!


5 comments:

Paula said...

What a wonderful surprise! Congratulations to you and Rhubarbe.

Susan said...

Ooooh! How cool and cute and fuzzy! (Not to mention the names... adorable!)

Leanne said...

Welcome baby Fraise (great name choice!). She's adorable.

nicole said...

Oh la belle petite fraise!

Trop mignon. Félicitations!!!

peaknits said...

What a sweet treat to discover! I want hug that little lamb:)