Boutique

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dolce vita

Outside...

It is a lovely sunny day here in Lochaber Ouest. A perfect
-13 celcius with a hint of wind chill. I love the sun when it melts my rain barrels...


On my way to the bergerie at lunch to feed the herd I found some charming traces of a recent visitor...I could not help but assign these tracks to a lovely fairy since upon inspection those tracks appeared in the snow as if the creature has landed from the air and disappeared much the same way...fresh snow does not lie my friends. We've got fairies!! The wee folk will be extremely pleased.

Wise old Koonie knows everything...

doesn't she look grand basking in the midday sun.



Voici the scratching pole...The sheep, in this case Mimosa have a tendency to get quite itchy in warmer winter days. I will not categorically rule out ticks or fleas however I know they are clean and just plain old itchy. I make a habit of petting them and admiring their crimp which send them each into a state of bliss where they kneel at my feet and hope the massaging will last forever. I suspect the sudden rubbing on this beam when I am present is an indicator to me that they miss my attention very much. My sheep have a penchant for having their ears rubbed with their eyes closed. Try it sometime!
Inside.........

There is a little knitting going on. I have given my wrap a redo and am quite pleased with the new cast-on edge. It is a quick garter stitch on 5.5mm and promises to be oh so elegant except for the shedding of mohair...which does not sit well with my black car coat...ahem.
Here is the ruffled edge spread out flat...now I see why I need 400 grams!! Below is the ruffle in all its glory next to the Knit Picks catalogue a.k.a. "mail-order crack" which gave me a chuckle earlier today, thanks to Susan!

3 comments:

peaknits said...

I would so like to come to Canada if just to sqeeze your delightful sheepies! I love that they appreciate your attention and have sweet little personalities!

nicole said...

fairies, sweet sheepies and lacy knitting. Dolce vita indeed! Wasn't today the most gorgeous day?

Susan said...

Actually, I, too, am wanting to squeeze your sheepies... *grins* It just sounds so delightful to make them happy. Like coaxing a cat into a purr... good for the soul and the body too, I expect.
Will you leave nectar for the fairies? :)
Your wrap looks lovely, but I imagine it's even better in real life.