Boutique

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Zigging and zagging

I am running wayyyy behind in my chores today. Please don't come over I would die a thousand deaths. The dishes are not done and laundry is in the processes and I am covered in lilac paint... I decided to finish painting Pepper's bedroom today and it is way pokier than I thought. I am gearing up for the last coat but I thought I would extend my lunch break into a little blogfest...

Yesterday was Lundi avec les fileuses... I took the day off from the mess and went to Renée's in the morning and we had lunch and I started my second sleeve
Around lunch time, the gang was arriving and Marguerite has been as busy as ever with her natural dies...
This time she used Madder plants and is spinning a lovely yarn from the dyed fleece and used the second bath water to dye the wool for this whispery soft felted stole that I trie on and love...Can you see the delicate beading next to my painted thumb?

A word about painting...I realize that I am very influenced by the names given to paint colours....In the need for plain old white I was torn between 'Popped Corn' and 'Swan Wing'... No wonder it is taking me forever. That and the fact that I am still blogging instead of painting...bye!

1 comment:

nicole said...

Yes, aren't those paint colour names heavenly. My bathroom (also painted in white) is actually a colour called "Cloud nine"... Sigh...

That stuff you're spinning looks gorgeous. And please don't come over to my house either. It's a total disaster ever since Christmas.