Boutique

Sunday, January 27, 2008

I smell summer

This weekend....
I found these cute little knitting needles with smiley faces while shopping on Saturday. Pepper was pleased and I was surprised to see her drop her snack and proceed to pull out the old dpn and pick up live stitches like a pro... I ran for my camera. I guess those Lucy Neatby Dvds are rubbing off on her too!



As for moi, I have been dabbling here and there in all my UFOs. My swatch is sooo soft! I have cast on a billion stitches of this wicked fine homespun (damn what was I thinking?) and it really does go fast however the smallest pair of circulars in the house are 3.5mm/16" and that is too big for what I am expecting as a knitted fabric/swatch. Call me a martyr but I hopped on the Knit picks page and gifted myself with a few new additions to my knitting legacy...



My collar is clipping along...I just hope it fits and I can put this baby in my closet soon.



I made a decision about my vintage sock. I have become disenchanted with Mr. Lang and I think his busy colourway is overwhelming my lace so I ripped back the two patterns of said lace done so far and kept the original edge which I think still looks smashing and am going with ribbing stitches for now to see if they are at all worth completing this way. The colour was so pretty as a ball of yarn in the store with the help of a 15% discount (let us not forget) but as I knit I am thinking 'yuk' most of the time. The worst is the pink...it looks like that weird Dr.Ballard dog food from the 80's that looked like fake hamburger. Why do I remember that awful pink? Why are these socks that pink mixed with hunting gear orange? "Somebody get me something deep fried and smothered in chocolate!" (my favorite quote from the fairy Godmother in Shrek hee hee)

I know this has nothing to do with wool but I found some funky rubber boots to wear to the bergerie next Spring... I must sew myself a matching apron for gardening. These boots look like something I coveted out of my favorite magazine: Marie-Claire Idées . As a result, I spent all of Saturday morning in my sheep pajamas sipping coffee and flipping through all the M.C.I. issues I have in my library just because. Yum. Found several knitting projects and loads of inspiration for the lake house. I can almost smell summer. It is almost February! Get out the Valentine's and kiss your sweetheart! I hope my strawberry plants are sleeping well...and my delphiniums are okay...



2 comments:

Paula said...

Those are quite the boots!

Susan said...

Thank you for the taste of strawberries and the scent of summer flowers. You've reminded me that such things did once exist in our world and might once again.