Boutique

Friday, January 18, 2008

Fresh baked monkey socks



Salut mes ami(e)s!

Hope this Friday is well with you...

In cold weather, when I wash my wool or knitted pieces I let the heat from the cook stove dry them out. My monkey socks were toasty warm this morning. Just in time for my morning walk to the bergerie with Poonie in the fresh snow. These are my first monkey socks using my handspun corriedale/2 ply.





Poonie likes to play in the fresh snow but she doesn't last long...too happy inside where it is warm. I think she has a complex about her ears...she pulls them back when I try to take her picture! She says 'hurry up my toes are freezing'.

Mimosa says 'Have you got any bread?' It is warmer outside today and the sun is behind big bubbly clouds that make them light up like chinese lanterns. See my side bar for the view this morning...The Outaouais river is in this direction but our house is closer to the road which is a shame. I would prefer living closer to the ski trail along the river...


I am cranking out my last sleeve...it goes well now that I have been sleeping. I put the dog in her crate at bedtime so she doesn't sneak under my bed and snore all night... I will soon be finished this aran cardigan. I regret now that it is not wool. I was using up some really old stash yarn. It is a lovely colour just the same. I guess it is practice... My last cable cardigan was much smaller and made of pretty turquoise wool for Chloé... I found these 1$ a ball when my LYS decided to move away from Buckingham. The closest little village.

3 comments:

peaknits said...

I want to come to Canada just to hug your sheep - nd now your dog, too:)

CHIC-HANDSOME said...

great week

Marie said...

Those are the first Monkeys I've seen in a yarn that really lets the pattern be the feature. I love that!