Boutique

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Time to spin

I got a knitted present for Christmas from my sister. Discloths with a leaf motif. Yum. They match my kitchen. Speaking of kitchen...I took down the tree today and all the decorations. I am amazed everything fit in the same three boxes...every year I add more and for the past 8 years we have been in this house...the same three boxes...it's a miracle I guess.


Meet Little Gem II. I started spinning this corriedale in late November. I think it is time to dust off the wheel and have a crack at making some soft yarn! I need something warm on my cheeks when I go for a walk. I was out on the bay with my skates on the 25th and the wind is cold in the wide open spaces. This yarn was for socks but my face needs some TLC more than my feet at this point since the cold dries my skin to a crisp.


Thanks to his son Daniel, I now have a photo of Uncle James here doing what he loved best.

1 comment:

Paula said...

What a wonderful picture of James. That is the perfect way for you to remember him.

I know what you mean about the wind drying your skin. I suggest a nice wide Corrugator scarf. The free pattern is on the left side of my blog :-)