Boutique

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Meet Hedge



I must finish with one Christmas present for my oldest daughter Ivy... She keeps making comments about me not working hard enough on her Hedgehog...hint taken.

Way back when I couldn't upload pictures to said blog I was knitting this cute-as-ever pattern by Fibertrends. At first glance it looked more like road kill than a cute toy.



It took me three tries to get the pattern to work. Not because the pattern is difficult nor is it hard to follow...but just because I am almost constantly surrounded by wee folks and they talk a lot and I try to follow what they are saying...or watching t.v. etc... Anywho, I was very pleased to finally pop this into the washing machine.




Today, Hedge (as we lovingly refer to it) looks like this after two sessions in the washer. Ready for a face and some nice clean wool stuffing. I bought some Classic Merino in a light pink shade to make a new one very soon. This one I used Gallaway in a light green colour with some of my brown wool from the flock here at home. The face I will put on with small amounts of carded coloured fleece and my felting needle. I don't have a ton of colours on hand but I will see what I can come up with!



Pepper is still working hard at her knitting...


See...its getting longer!!

No comments: