Boutique

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Look out for icebergs man...

As promised...Mr. Hedge has a face! I used some of Frieda's wool to match his paws. I think he looks smashing. I used a felting needle and my wits to provide him with a face. What do you think? I don't have a huge blog fan base...I mean unless you count those people whom love me and are forced to answer trivia questions over the phone about my last post. Seriously...I am no Yarn Harlot or anything but if you are out there and happened to peek in, I would love to hear from you.
So I ask the question..."isn't he handsome?" Merry Chirstmas Ivy!!


Tonight we are all hanging out in the house keeping the fire burning and the wee ones are snuggling under quilts already...while Mumz knits this fetching little scarf for Mr. Hedge because Baby it's cold outside!
We are getting hit with the mother of all storms here tomorrow. We already have wayyyy more snow in huge piles in the yard compared to last year. The wee ones are thrilled. And Mumz here is planning on doing some serious cross country ski action very soon. Maybe tomorrow?? Len has already groomed a fairly long trail and we are hopeful about what energy tomorrow brings. Today, I had to step out and do a little Christmas shopping for last minute paper and tags and stuff. I put on two pairs of pants so I wouldn't feel like this.......
In other knitting news... I will be tacking in ends tomorrow on the newest pair of birthday socks. And I have a new Lucy Neatby Dvd to watch on the off chance I get my hands on the remote. Sock techniques 2... Yum. I adore these Dvd's. I am useless when it comes to teaching myself from a book and these knitting techniques are just what the stitch doctor ordered. I highly recommend them. That is if you can figure out which one to pick first without blowing your budget on the whole enchillada. Save that yarn money!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Mr Hedge is adorable. Nice job on the face - and he looks like he really really wants to be knitting on that little scarf :-)

Susan said...

So nice to see you (virtually) again! I'm glad you found me... I'll see you in the New Year at a Guild meeting! (I had classes all fall on the meeting nights but I will at least be able to attend the one in January!)

Kate in Somerset said...

Love the Hedgehog.

SD Sue said...

Oh the hedgehog is adorable! Love your new Bergerie photo also. Merry Christmas from South Dakota.