Boutique

Friday, December 28, 2007

Eat your peas

We had family over for supper on the 26th and when I was cleaning up the plates and putting left overs in the fridge. I made a sheepie-bag of crudités for the herd. Those veggies that the wee folk had on their plates but didn't finish. Along with that was about a ladles worth of peas I served with the meal. My flock are very used to eating fresh goodies from the kitchen and they get excited when they see me coming with a bag...like the time I tried a spelt muffin recipe. They ate a dozen in no time flat. When I make apple pies they love the peels. All left over toast and especially homemade wholewheat pizza crust (Koonie's all time favorite). So this time when I went out to the bergerie to check on the water dish...I noticed something in the grain trough...Upon closer inspection I realized they were the peas I had mixed in with the fresh carrots and cauliflower...My sheep didn't eat their peas either!



Here is Frieda and Rhubarb standing on their hind legs to see what I have in my sheepie-bag from the kitchen...






I made this hat to match Ivy's winter coat. She likes to draw this little pig she calls Grink. It is fun to put kid drawings in your knitting.

2 comments:

Paula said...

LOL. I think it is very funny that the sheep left the peas. And Grink is very cute.

peaknits said...

I love the sheep - and their taste in veggies:) The Grink hat is adorable - clever idea!